Monday, October 27, 2008

New Calling

Well, it was not a total surprise to me. I had a meeting with the Stake President the other day and as of Sunday I am now the Elders Quorum President in our ward. I knew the Bishop was looking to make a change there and had a feeling it was coming my way. This should be a new challenge but exciting. Never have served in the EQ Presidency so lots to learn. The Home Teaching has really been down of late so that is a major area to work on but I have some ideas for fiun activities next year as well. Still serving as the Ward Clerk until the paper work is in for a replacement.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next stop - Bishop.

Stephanie said...

You'll do GREAT! You'll be in our prayers, too. Big calling.

The DM Dad said...

I told one member of the Bishopric when he joked about a calling to the Bishopric that I would just tell the Stake President "I am moving."

Then I would have to go home and start planning a move :)

Allison said...

Congrats Taylor! Big calling, but I agree with Steph, you'll be great at it.

I've just been helping our current EQ President clean his house to move his family to Oklahoma. When the Stake President visited the EQ to find a new president, R's friend told him that he was wearing the correct color(dark blue)shirt as to throw him off the scent.

Ann said...

You will be awesome Taylor! Congrats and good luck to you.

Marie said...

Congratulations and/or Condolences - your pick. I can't think of a better, more caring person to put in this position.