Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Flashback to my past

Today P informed us that she does not want to get married. Her logic brought back memories from my childhood.

She figures that if she gets married she would have to move out and leave home. She does not want to move away from Mom and Dad so she figures if she did not get married she would not have to. :)

When I was about seven I decided I did not want to get baptized because if I got baptized then when I turned 12 I would get the priesthood and then when I turned 19 I would go on a mission. If I was on a mission then I would be away from home. I did not want to leave home so figured I would stop it early. My Mom informed me that when I was 19 I would think differently.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Who is more worried? You .. that she won't leave home, or her ... that she will have to leave home!? Yeah, I'm sure things will change when she turns 19.

Allison said...

And your siblings thank you for that choice. =)

Marie said...

Love it! It does bring back memories. However, I do think you were more like 5 when you had all this figured out.

Mom

Marie said...

Love it! Does bring back a few memories. However, I think you were more like 5 when you had all this figured out.

Mom