Monday, January 07, 2008

I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your fence down

Running behind on my updates but hey I was on vactation and was taking it easy. The weather here did not take it that easy though. On Friday there was a severe wind and rain storm that blew through all of the West Coast. We got hit with some very strong winds. All over the area there were trees and fences down. Some very big trees came down in the area.


We were very lucky with no damage to our house and did not lose power. We did however lose a few sections of our fence in the backyard. Our neighbor lost his whole fence so we are not too bad. The fencing was old and rotted at the base so not a surprise that it came down. Just a bummer. Going to Home Depot today for materials to fix this. Going to have to replace about four posts and at least half the main 2x4's. Most of the fence slats are ok to keep.


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What a pain, huh?!! It was no surprise that one of our fences didn't hold up in the storm -- it was kinda rotted out. Let G know if you need help. I know he offered. Is your dog going stir-crazy??